Northamptonshire Record Office
Wootton Hall Park
Please check our opening times before travelling.
We suggest you use the AA Route Planner website for directions to the Record Office, our postcode is NN4 8BQ.
When you turn onto Mere Way, which is the final instruction given on the AA website, please use the following directions for the final part of the journey.
- After about 50 yards or so, turn left into Wootton Hall Park.
- Turn right into a small road shortly after the ambulance station.
- There is a small sign on the corner for the Fire Station, Record Office and Archaeology.
- The record office car park is the second one on the left.
- From the car park, come through the gate and down the path between the two blocks of the building towards the front door.
- There is an entry phone on the wall to your left.
By bus or taxi
The easiest way to get to the Northamptonshire Record Office is by car or taxi. If you need to travel by bus, you will need to get off at the stop immediately after the Queen Eleanor Cross on the London Road. Please check bus times before you travel. Please be aware that if you travel by bus that the next part of your journey will take you over the busy dual carriageway (A45 - Mereway) on foot. This can be extremely busy at certain times of the day, and unfortunately there is no pelican/zebra crossing.