Page last updated 21 February 2017

Compliments, comments and complaints

Please tell us if you are happy with the service you have received; or if not, why not? We want to know what you think.

We want to use your views and suggestions and learn from your experiences as our customer, so we can improve and develop our services.

Schools, academies and childminders

To complain or comment about a school please follow the process outlined on GOV.UK:

Compliments, comments or complaints to the council


Contact us online


Are you an adult?

Are you a child or young person?

Telephone us

0300 126 1000

Write to us

The Complaints and Compliments Team
Room 225, County Hall
George Row
NN1 1ED 

What happens next?

We will:

  • Acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receiving it.
  • Tell you who will be dealing with your complaint and how long it may take us to look into the situation.
  • Keep you informed of how things are going and if things are likely to take longer than we agreed we will discuss this with you.
  • Give you an opportunity to talk it through after we have responded if you are still not happy, and we will agree the best way forward.

Local Government Ombudsman

If you are unhappy with our response to your complaint, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman.

Visit their website at for contact details.

Your County Councillor

If you have contacted us and we still haven't resolved your complaint, you can contact your local county councillor.

If you wish to complain about a councillor's conduct, please see part five of our constitution before you contact us:

Policies and performance

Bookmark with: