Page last updated 18 April 2013
School bus symbol 

Home to School Travel

Our Home to School Transport Policy provides information on entitlement including answers to the following questions:

  • Does my child qualify for home-to-school transport?
  • What if I choose a school that is not my nearest or designated school?
  • What if I move house during my child's schooling?
  • What about single sex and faith schools?
  • What if my child has special educational needs? Will he/she receive free transport? 

See also Post 16 Transport Policy

Application forms

Aged 4-16

Application form to request free Home to School Transport for students aged 4-16.

Please ensure you have read the policy document above before applying.

This form can be used for replacement passes, change of address and low income families.

 Application For A Free Bus Pass 2013-14 (Word format 53KB)  

Aged 16+

In order to guarantee to receive your travel or bus pass in time for the start of the school year.

Please ensure you have read the guidance notes before applying.

If you have missed the deadline, please submit your application as soon as you are able.

 Post 16 Travel Scheme - Guidance Notes 13-14 (Word format 42KB) 

This includes the current cost.

Non Entitled Students Travel Scheme

Non entitled students can purchase a bus pass for travel on one of the council's contracted home to school transport services where there is spare capacity available.

Please ensure you have read the guidance notes before applying.

In order to be guaranteed a bus pass, parents/carers will need to formally apply by 31st May 2013.

  Non Entitled Students Travel Scheme Guidance Notes 13-14 (Word format 31KB)


  Non Entitled Students Travel Scheme Application Form and Payment Method 13-14 (Word format 50KB) 

Appeals process

In cases where an application for free transport and assistance is refused, parents may pursue a complaint.

Our appeals process can be viewed below:

Code of Conduct

Our Code of Conduct lays out the standards of behaviour expected on Home to School Transport of which all parents/carers/guardians and students should be aware.

This includes what to do if Home to School Transport does not arrive for any reason, and if students are refused travel.

Bookmark with: