Our Home to School Transport Policy provides information on entitlement including answers to the following questions:
- Does my child qualify for home-to-school transport?
- What if I choose a school that is not my nearest or designated school?
- What if I move house during my child's schooling?
- What about single sex and faith schools?
- What if my child has special educational needs? Will he/she receive free transport?
See also Post 16 Transport Policy
In cases where an application for free transport and assistance is refused, parents may pursue a complaint by submitting a written request to escalate the matter to appeal at stage one using the contact details below:
Stage one – School Transport Team
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or SENTransport@kierwsp.co.uk
Postal address: Northamptonshire Highways, School Transport Team, Floor 4, Riverside House, Riverside Way, Bedford Road, Northampton, NN1 5NX
Our appeals process and procedures can be viewed below:
Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct lays out the standards of behaviour expected on Home to School Transport of which all parents/carers/guardians and students should be aware.
This includes what to do if Home to School Transport does not arrive for any reason, and if students are refused travel.