Sywell Country Park offers meadowland and lakeside walks, with a small arboretum of exotic trees and Edwardian buildings still surviving from its past role as a water supply reservoir with a water works heritage trail to guide you round.
When is it open and is there any cost?
- All country parks are open all day, every day
- Free admission
- Parking - £2.60 (pay and display)
- All day, every day
- Annual parking permits available
- Blue badge holder parking areas situated near to accessible toilets. Pay and display charge applies
- Motorhomes may pay and display during day time, no overnight parking
- 7:00am to 7:00pm daily (except Christmas Day)
- Cycling is not permitted within Sywell Country Park
About the park
Printable walks map
- By car - Follow brown and white signs. Located off the Northampton to Mears Ashby Road, near Earls Barton crossroads on the A4500.
- By bus - A regular bus service stops in Ecton village, approx. 1 mile form the park entrance.
- By cycle - Park entrance is approx. 0.5 of a mile from A4500 cycle path.
- Postal address - Sywell Country Park, Washbrook Lane, Ecton NN6 0QX
Friends of Sywell Country Park
We would like to invite you to join the Friends of Sywell Country Park (FOSCP). The FOSCP have already worked on a number of projects, helping us to manage the park for the benefit of visitors and wildlife.
For more information