New Northamptonshire Country Parks website – coming soon!
We are excited to announce that we are currently working on a new and improved Northamptonshire Country Parks website.
The changes include a completely new logo, branding, colours and navigation. The new website is designed to enhance user experience and be more user friendly. The new look will be launched in October 2016.
- Children's play areas
- Dig deep - look for the clues to Irchester's quarrying past from the hills and dales or open gullet and quarry face to the quarry supervisor's office - now The Quarryman's Rest cafe.
- Have a kick about - our open meadows, especially Royal Meadow, are ideal for ball games.
- High ropes adventure trail.
- Orienteering packs available.
- Steam along to the free Irchester Narrow Gauge Railway Museum (only open on Sundays).
Eating and drinking
- Enjoy lunch in one of our picnic areas or bring your own BBQ for use in our special designated BBQ area.
Flora and fauna
- Muntjac Deer, hedgehogs, stoats and squirrels
Ironstone narrow gauge railway museum
- Located within the park, there is a small museum of working steam and diesel locomotives run by the Irchester Narrow Gauge Railway Trust. Open Sundays 10:00am – 5:00pm (summer) or 10:00am – 4:00pm (winter).
- Free entry
- A collection of steam and diesel locomotives - over 40 items of rolling stock
- 250 metre long demonstration line
- Locomotive demonstrations held on the last Sunday of every month during the summer.
Click through the slideshow to see images from Irchester Country Park.