Bringing the Library to you
There are three main services we offer which mean you can still enjoy the Library Service even if you are unable to visit your local library:
There are now two mobile libraries in the county, reduced from four.
Mobile Library Review 2013
We have worked with our two drivers to review all of your comments and suggestions we have received throughout the year.
We have added time to busy stops and taken out stops where less than two people use them. Sometimes the logistics of this has required us to shuffle the times of other stops as well to make the routes cost effective and fuel efficient.
We continue to welcome your comments which will feed into the next annual review in 2014. Please log these with your driver.
Thank you for your time.
How does it work?
This is a free service for customers who are unable to get to the library, either through age or disability.
- A librarian visits you at home to discuss your reading needs.
- You can either select items yourself or library staff will select for you according to your tastes and requirements.
- Volunteers then deliver to your home every month.
How do I arrange a visit?
To arrange a visit or find out more, please contact your local library.
Sound Reads Service
How does it work?
We are here to help people with a visual impairment who enjoy reading to find out about the services available to them in Northamptonshire.
- Home visits
- A home visit from volunteers who will explain the various reading services available to you.
- Audio book service
- Audio library
- Help filling in the application form for the Calibre Audio Library.
- Calibre Audio Library provides audio books on MP3 disc to your home by post. (There is a one off administration charge to join the service - £35 Adults, £20 children)
- Talking newspapers and magazines
- Sounds Good Reading Groups
- Reading groups for visually impaired people meet at the Hunsbury and Wellingborough libraries.
- The Sounds Good reading groups welcome new members and can help out with transport if that is a problem.
- Each library provides copies of the audio books to be discussed prior to the relevant meeting and we also vary the programme by organising author visits and poetry readings.
- If you like listening to audio books and would like to discover new titles and authors and share your reactions with friends, why not come and join us?