How does it work?
We are here to help people with a visual impairment who enjoy reading to find out about the services available to them in Northamptonshire.
- Home visits
- A home visit from volunteers who will explain the various reading services available to you.
- Audio book service
- Audio library
- Help filling in the application form for the Calibre Audio Library.
- Calibre Audio Library provides audio books on MP3 disc to your home by post. (There is a one off administration charge to join the service - £35 Adults, £20 children)
- Talking newspapers and magazines
- Sounds Good Reading Groups
- Reading groups for visually impaired people meet at the Hunsbury and Wellingborough libraries.
- The Sounds Good reading groups welcome new members and can help out with transport if that is a problem.
- Each library provides copies of the audio books to be discussed prior to the relevant meeting and we also vary the programme by organising author visits and poetry readings.
- If you like listening to audio books and would like to discover new titles and authors and share your reactions with friends, why not come and join us?