New Northamptonshire Country Parks website – coming soon!
We are excited to announce that we are currently working on a new and improved Northamptonshire Country Parks website.
The changes include a completely new logo, branding, colours and navigation. The new website is designed to enhance user experience and be more user friendly. The new look will be launched in October 2016.
This former ironstone quarry has a wonderful children's play area as well as a network of long and short trails through 83 hectares of mixed woodland. The park is home to the Quarryman's Rest Cafe, Jungle Parc UK and the Irchester Narrow Gauge Railway museum.
Heritage Lottery Fund
Work is under way at Irchester Country Park to illustrate the ironstone quarrying and Jurassic history of the area. See the progress report below for more information:
Jungle Parc high ropes adventure course
Enjoy lots of amazing activities as you glide through the trees on rope bridges, zip lines and cargo nets.
Open Wednesday to Sunday inclusive from April to October and daily during school holidays.
When is the country park open and is there any cost?
- All country parks are open all day, every day
- Free admission
- Cafe - Open every day except Christmas Day
- Toilets opening hours
About the park
Map and directions
Printable walks map
- By car - Follow brown and white signs. Main entrance is on Gipsy lane (B570) off the A509 between Wellingborough and Wollaston.
- By bus - A regular bus service stops opposite the park's main entrance on B570.
- By cycle - Designated cycle route from Wellingborough.
- Postal address - Irchester Country Park, Gipsy Lane, Little Irchester, Wellingborough NN29 7DL