Celebrate National Bookstart Week 2013
The theme of this years National Bookstart Week is "Fairy Tales". Libraries and Children’s Centres throughout Northamptonshire are holding free events which include:
- dressing up as favourite fairy tale characters
- making gingerbread houses
- following beanstalks
- celebrating the joy of sharing stories, books and rhymes with the bookstart bear
A full list of library activities can be downloaded here:
For more information contact your local library.
Summer activities in libraries
From 13th July, Northamptonshire Libraries will be running the Summer Reading Challenge - Creepy House!
Children will be challenged to read six books over the school holidays and will receive rewards along the way.
Libraries will also be holding free activities for children which will include:
- Getting up close to some creepy crawlies
- Performances of Sherlock Holmes and Revolting Rhymes
- Creepy crafts with the Northamptonshire Waste Education Team
Full details of these activities, and details of how to book, will be available from 13th July 2013. For more information please contact your local library.
Weekend activities for families
Every Sunday your local library will run a family activity and once a month there will also be an activity on a Saturday.
- Activities based on your favourite books
- Craft sessions
- Police Storytime
For more details regarding these activities please see the Northamptonshire Libraries blog or contact your local library.