How much do I have to pay?
The Penalty Charge is either
- £70 (reduced to £35 if paid within 14 days); or
- £50 (reduced to £25 if paid within 14 days).
- Payment is acceptance of liability
- Ensure that payment made is for the correct amount
- We do not accept payment by instalments, cash or by Visa Electron or American Express
- If you wish to appeal against the parking fine, please go to the Parking Fine - Appeal page.
- You must enter each PCN number individually if paying more than one penalty charge
- If the PCN was served today you will not be able to view any details or photographic evidence until the following day
How do I pay a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)?
Pay by credit or debit card using our online payments system:
Other ways to pay
- Pay by phone by calling our 24-hour automated telephone line on 0845 6800153 (option 1). Please have your credit/debit card details and also the relevant PCN number.
- Pay by post. If paying by cheque or postal order, please make your cheque payable to Northamptonshire County Council and post to the following address: Parking Services, Northamptonshire County Council, Riverside House, Riverside Way, Bedford Road, NN1 5NX. Please ensure that you quote the PCN number on the back of the cheque or postal order. Allow 2 working days for 1st class post and 5 working days for 2nd class post. If you would like a receipt please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
What happens if I don't pay?
Unpaid PCNs are a civil debt recoverable in the same way as any other debt. The council employ Enforcement Agents to recover unpaid parking debt.
If you have been contacted by an Enforcement Agent please ensure that payment is made to them. We will not accept payment for any PCNs that have reached this stage.
Please see Road Traffic Debt Collection – New Legislation 6th April 2014 for important changes on legislation.
What happens to the money collected from payment of PCNs?
The money raised from parking enforcement is used to fund the cost of the service. Any surplus raised is used for highway and environmental improvements.
Civil Enforcement Officers do not receive bonuses for the number of the PCNs they issue.
The standard contraventions and the Penalty Charge which applies can be viewed below: