Current and planned roadworks in Northamptonshire
To find out about roadworks within Northamptonshire please use the national Roadworks website. You will need to zoom in to find roadworks in your area.
The map also shows roadworks which are happening within other counties and details of who is carrying out the works.
Please note that when you enter the roadworks website, it will automatically display the roadworks for the current day. Should you wish to view roadworks scheduled within the next two weeks please customise the map view either by selecting the timescale above the search box on the right hand side of the screen or by using the instructions in the user guide below:
Nine Arches Bridge between Thrapston and Islip - FAQ
- The intention was to carry out works under 2 way lights with a running lane for vehicles. We had always programmed this work to allow for traffic but it is not safe to do so
- Scaffolding is required for this project, we originally wanted to use scaffolding that was embedded in the river but the Environmental Agency said no and asked that we use cantilever scaffolding
- Our traffic management advisors have said that this scaffolding encroaches too much on the highway at the ‘pinch point’ of the bridge and that, for the safety of the workforce and road users, it is not safe to continue to work in the original way
- The available space is too narrow for a safe running lane for traffic to be maintained
- Work will continue under a full closure (this was already in place just in case 24 hour permission)
- Diversions in place are to the east or west out of Thrapston and Islip respectively to then travel between junctions 12 and 13 of the A14
- Pedestrians can still use the footbridge
- River users will continue to have access under the bridge
Motorways and trunk roads
Northamptonshire County Council is not responsible for the following roads:
Highways England roads
- A5 between Atherstone and Old Stratford, Milton Keynes
- A14 between Thrapston and the M1 Junction 19
- A43 between the M40 Junction 10 and M1 Junction 15a (anything after Junction 15a is NCC)
- A45 between Thrapston and the M1 Junction 15
Any concerns about works on the above roads must be directed to Highways England.