Work is continuing on the A43 Corby Link Road and when it is complete the route will help improve the county’s strategic infrastructure.
Soon, as part of the £34 million Northamptonshire County Council project, work will need to take place at the Stanion end of the four-mile long dual carriageway.
When will the work take place?
As part of the project sections of the A43 around Stanion will need to be closed between Monday, September 9, 2013 and Thursday, September 19 in order to undertake the re-alignment of the existing Stanion Roundabout.
Cllr Andre Gonzalez De Savage, county council cabinet member for strategic infrastructure, economic growth and public protection, said: “Works have progressed well along the route of the new road, and works on the Stanion Roundabout are now ready to be done.
“The next part of the work is quite difficult in terms of traffic management which will allow the Stanion Roundabout to be modified and kerb lines re-aligned, whilst maintaining access to Little Stanion and the Eurohub.
“This is an essential piece of work on a very busy road, so there are bound to be times when congestion is unavoidable especially in the peak periods, but I would urge all road users to be patient throughout the duration of the works and we need everyone to play their part in keeping both drivers and the workers safe.”
What access will there be?
The works will be undertaken in two phases:
Phase 1 will be the closure of the A43 between the junction of the A43/A6086 (adjacent to the Holiday Inn) and the Stanion Roundabout (A43/A6116 junction).
Throughout there will be three-way traffic lights in operation on the Stanion roundabout, to permit continued use of Longcroft Road, A43 South of the Stanion roundabout and the A6116 Brigstock Road). Diversion routes will signpost the following:-
- Access to and from the Eurohub and Little Stanion will be maintained via the A6116 (Brigstock Road) and the A43 South of the Stanion Roundabout, via Geddington.
- Access to businesses located along the A43 between Weldon and Stanion will be maintained.
Other traffic – heading South
- Traffic travelling towards the A14 from Corby or the A43 south bound from Weldon/Stamford, should use the A427 westbound towards Cottingham, the A6003 South towards Kettering, and the A43 Kettering Bypass out to the A14 junction 7.
- Traffic wishing to access the Eurohub/Little Stanion from Corby or A43 Southbound, should also use the A427 westbound to Cottingham, the A6003 South towards Kettering and use the A43 via Geddington.
Phase 2 will be the closure of the A43 to the south of the Stanion Roundabout (A43/A6116 junction)
Throughout there will be three-way traffic lights in operation on the Stanion roundabout, to permit continued use of Longcroft Road, A43 North of the Stanion Roundabout, and the A6116 Brigstock Road. Diversion routes will signpost the following:-
- Access to and from the Eurohub and Little Stanion will be maintained via the A6116 (Brigstock Road) and the A43 north of the Stanion Roundabout.
- Access to businesses located along the A43 between Weekly and Stanion will be maintained.
Other traffic - heading North
- Traffic travelling towards Corby or the A43 out to Weldon/Stamford should use the A43 Kettering Bypass, the A6003 Northbound, and the A427 eastbound to the A43.
- Traffic wishing to access the Eurohub/Little Stanion from A14 should exit at junction 12, onto the A6116 to Stanion roundabout.