Northamptonshire County Council are launching a campaign to recruit volunteers from across the county to become COVID Community Ambassadors.
COVID-19, and the various measures taken to manage the virus and protect us, continue to impact everyone here in Northamptonshire. It is now more important than ever to ensure residents stay up to date with the latest guidance and advice, which aims to keep us as safe as possible.
The COVID-19 Community Ambassadors network will be made up of volunteers across the county, and will help residents to stay up to date with how to protect themselves and others against the virus. The council will keep Ambassadors informed of the latest advice and guidance, so that you can help your family, friends and other community members to make sense of the latest information.
Becoming a COVID Community Ambassador
A COVID Community Ambassador is a volunteer who helps their family, friends, colleagues and communities make sense of the latest advice and information about COVID-19. This will help residents make informed choices, to ensure we all stay safe and remain alert to the virus.
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to being a COVID Community Ambassador. Whilst you will be expected to disseminate information and encourage others to join in, you will be empowered to take part and contribute in a way that makes sense to you and the needs of your community.
You do not need any formal qualifications, training or experience to become a COVID Community Ambassador. What we are looking for is people who have the following skills and values:
- Ability to work alongside others without judging them or their views
- Ability to understand the needs of different communities
- Respect for the right for people to make their own decisions
- Social skills, listening skills and ability to give and receive feedback
- Reliability, dependability and a sensitive and caring attitude to others
- A desire to help and support your community in any way that you can
Being a COVID Community Ambassador is all about helping your family, friends, colleagues and communities make sense of the latest advice and information about COVID-19.
We will help you do this by giving you access to the following support:
- Regular opportunities to talk with Public Health experts and ask them questions
- A weekly bulletin with the latest information and a dedicated inbox for queries
- A network of COVID Community Ambassadors to share experiences and support
- Practical support in the form of training and support to organise activities
- Funding available to help respond to the issues that you identify
When you register we will collect personal information, please see our Consultation
and Engagement Privacy Notice.
A driving force behind the scheme is a recognition that each
community is unique and will have specific needs, priorities and understanding
in relation to COVID-19. One size does
not fit all and we recognise that communities are best placed to identify what
works best for them.
Each Covid Community Ambassador will be able to apply for funding for activities or ideas up to a maximum of £500 to help increase awareness and
understanding of COVID-19 amongst their community. Support will be provided to
help you develop a plan and apply for funding once you have joined the scheme.
Register your interest in becoming an Ambassador
For more information or to contact us, please email CommunityAmbassadors@northamptonshire.gov.uk