Local Test and Trace service
In the first instance the national NHS Test and Trace team will contact you if you have tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) to give advice and obtain details of anyone you’ve been in contact with.
If the NHS Test and Trace team have been unable to contact you within 24 hours, your case will be passed to the Northamptonshire County Council Test and Trace team who will contact you. You'll be asked where you've been recently and who you've been in close contact with. This will help the NHS contact anyone who may have caught the virus from you.
This service will be active from:
- 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
- 10am - 2pm on Saturday
How we will contact you
- You'll be contacted by text or phone
- Text messages will come from NorthantsCC
- Calls will come from a private number in the first instance, but if we are unable to call you we will call via mobile telephone
- If you have concerns over whether the caller is genuine, please call us back on our normal customer service number - 0300 126 1000 (Option 5) - and ask for the test and trace team
- Children under 18 will be contacted by phone wherever possible and asked for their parent or guardian's permission to continue the call
- If we fail to contact you via text or phone a volunteer from the test and trace team and / or another member of our partner services will be sent to your residence in person to contact you
What will I be asked?
- Your name, date of birth and postcode
- If you live with other people
- Any places you've been recently, such as a workplace or school
- Names and contact details of any people you were in close contact with in the 48 hours before your symptoms started (if you know these details)
Northamptonshire County Council Test and Trace service will
- for bank details or payments
- for details of any other accounts, such as social media
- you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087
See the latest information and guidance on potential COVID-19 scams.
How your information will be used
All information you provide to Northamptonshire County Council Test and Trace service is confidential. Anyone you've been in close contact with during your infectious period will be told to stay at home (self-isolate) for 14 days by the NHS. This is because it can take up to 14 days for coronavirus symptoms to appear.
No one who is contacted as one of your close contacts in the infectious period will be told your identity.
How to request support
If you are self-isolating in Northamptonshire and need help to receive food shopping or medication, please
contact us to request support.