You could be eligible for a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment if you live in England and meet all the following criteria:
- you've been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app, either because you've tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- you've responded to messages received from NHS Test and Trace (by email, text, letter or phone call) in which you provided your contact details and where you've tested positive, and the details of your contacts
- you're employed or self-employed
- you're unable to work from home and will lose income as a result of self-isolating
- you're currently receiving, or are the partner of someone in the same household who is receiving, at least one of the following:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
Further information is available on the Government website:
To apply for this payment please contact your local district or borough council.
Some districts and boroughs have a discretionary scheme and may be able to help you if you do not meet these criteria but still experience significant financial hardship.