Are you free to volunteer to help someone in need due to the coronavirus pandemic? Perhaps you're part of a group that already provides help in the community?
In addition to the Government's volunteer scheme for people to help the NHS, we are co-ordinating a local effort along with other councils and partner organisations for people to help their community.
We want to hear from you if you can volunteer or if you represent a community group that needs extra volunteers in the coming weeks and months.
Who can sign up?
We particularly want to hear from community groups and volunteers who can offer help with:
- tackling loneliness through phone or face-to-face contact, where appropriate
- prescription collection for someone who finds themselves unable to leave the house
- community support such as transporting items between foodbanks or helping in a kitchen
You must be aged 18 or over to become a volunteer.
Use our online form to tell us how you can help:
Sign up to help
Alternatively, you can call 0300 126 1000 (from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm) to discuss how you can help with one of our advisors.
What happens next?
If you're a volunteer we will match you with a community group who will contact you soon - although it may take a while for them to respond due to current demand.
We will contact:
- community groups to find out more about the help they need
- organisations and businesses to discuss offers of help