Have your say

Council complaints and representation service


The Care Act 2014 places a duty on the local council to provide an independent advocate to assist any person with eligible needs.

HealthWatch Northamptonshire

HealthWatch Northamptonshire give guidance on making complaints about health and social care:

Legal advice – how solicitors can help

If you have a legal problem, you may want to see a solicitor for advice and representation. Some solicitors offer free initial interviews and others for a fixed fee. They can advise you of your legal rights and entitlements.

You may want to talk to someone who can give you general advice about your options first. A local advice agency such as a law centre or Citizens Advice Bureau should also be able to give you details of local legal advisers who are experienced in the appropriate area of law.

Community Law Service

Specialist legal advice for residents of Northampton and Northamptonshire

Tips for finding a legal adviser

The Silver Line

The Silver Line is a free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year:

The Northamptonshire Association of Registered Care Homes (NorArch)

Provides support to registered care homes.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)