The services provided to carers from all of the organisations listed below will be available to all carers countywide regardless of the age or disability of the person cared for.
For more information please contact the relevant organisation below.
Planned breaks for carers
A service for carers to enable them to go shopping, to social events or any other planned event.
Peer Support for non-Dementia carers
- Provide peer support groups, website blogs and chatrooms
- they will offer training to carers to become peer supporters
Young Carers Support
Providing young carers with support, short breaks and social opportunities
Support with Work or Leisure
Helping carers to access leisure opportunities and support issues around working
Northamptonshire Carers Services Explained (PDF 331KB)
|Northamptonshire Age UK|
Peer Support for carers of people with Dementia
Provide peer support groups, website blogs and chatrooms
For carers of people with dementia, carrying out assessments and providing information, advice and general support
About the Alzheimer's Society (PDF 138KB)
British Red Cross|
- Borrow a wheelchair
- Hire a commode
- Help with loneliness
Care UK - Dementia care|
- Support for families and carers
- Activity-based care
- Dementia events
Carers Trust East Midlands
Emergency breaks for carers
This service is for carers providing respite when a carer falls ill, for medical appointments or unexpected family emergencies.
|Central & East Northamptonshire Citizens Advice|
- Impartial and free advice
Nene Valley Community Action
Countywide support for carers, including 'Needs and Aspirations' training programme, support line, activities, advice and information, short breaks, support groups, carers' cafes.
Family Support Link
- Family Support Link is a registered charity based in Northamptonshire which aims to reduce the physical, psychological and emotional harm caused to families living with, or caring for someone who is addicted to drugs and/or alcohol.