Homelessness and housing advice

Help is available if you are worried about losing your home or if you are already homeless.

Housing services

For details of the help available to you contact your local district or borough council:

Shelter - housing and homelessness charity

  • Shelter provides information to help those at risk of having their home repossessed.
  • Use their advice on emergency housing rights to establish what help is available to you from your local council.

Rough sleeping

If you are concerned about someone you have seen sleeping rough, you can report your concerns using the Street Link website. Street Link will send an alert to the local authority or outreach service for the area in which you have seen the person to help them find the individual and connect them to support.

In a medical emergency, an ambulance should always be called.

Northampton Hope Centre provide support and services that will enable individuals to take back control of their own lives.

What are your rights?

If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness and need advice or assistance, the housing departments of the district and borough councils in Northamptonshire have legal responsibilities to help you.

Visit the GOV.UK website to find out what your rights are.