Ceremonies between now and June 21 2021
On 22 February the Prime Minister announced his plans for emerging from the current lockdown and presented a roadmap with a step-by-step plan to ease restrictions in England. The plans apply to all areas of England from the dates specified, but are subject to the four tests outlined in the roadmap being met at each step.
Marriages and Civil Partnerships in England
Current national restrictions remain in place and there are no changes for marriages and civil partnerships in England prior to 29 March.
The changes planned are:
- Step 1 (2nd stage): From 29 March - Legal limit of 6 attendees but no longer limited to ‘exceptional circumstances’
- Step 2: No earlier than 12 April - Legal limit of 15 attendees
- Step 3: No earlier than 17 May - Legal limit of 30 attendees
- Step 4: No earlier than 21 June - No legal limit on attendees (subject to the outcome of the scientific Events Research Programme - from April the government will run pilots for events such as large weddings to help determine how measures such as enhanced testing might allow large groups to attend without social distancing.)
As is currently the case, the number allowed to attend includes the couple, witnesses and guests, but those working, such as registration officials and venue managers are not included.
Please note the maximum venue limits for wedding attendees at the following offices:
- Corby - The Council Chamber - 17 including the couple (20 including the couple after 17th May)
- Kettering - The Mayors Parlour - 7 including the couple (11 including the couple after 17th May)
- Northampton Ceremony Room - Guildhall - 15 including the couple (26 including the couple after 17th May)
- Oundle - Fletton House - 15 including the couple (22 including the couple after 17th May)
- Towcester - The Civic Room at The Forum - 15 including the couple (15 including the couple after 17th May)
- Wellingborough Swanspool House -15 including the couple (28 including the couple after 17th May)
note that office registration marriages that take place in the library are for
the couple and 2 witnesses only.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Please contact email@example.com for North Northamptonshire Council, or firstname.lastname@example.org for West Northamptonshire Council.
Please note we are currently receiving a very high number of enquiries and currently aim to respond to emails within fourteen working days. Our focus will be on customers who were due to be married between now and 21 June 2021. Enquiries will be dealt with in order of original ceremony date.