Mower's Ark provide day services to individuals with learning disabilities in Northamptonshire.
They provide person-centred planning to create timetables to offer activities including community action in outdoor areas.
Individuals who attend Mower's Ark are supported to develop their communication skills, express themselves, make friends, build relationships and support the local community.
Mower's Ark offer personalised and progression focused activity programmes that include:
- Ongoing training in everyday living skills -menu planning, budget planning, shopping, cooking and health and safety skills
- Development of communication - using the individual’s chosen communication method
- Health and wellbeing - an extensive programme of sporting, leisure and social activities in the local community
- Meaningful work experiences that benefit the community - learning vocational skills in practical, real life environments
- Educational activities that train individuals to grow their own fruit and vegetables – maintain gardens and grounds, use horticultural tools and health and safety protocols
- Outdoor activities that promote health and wellbeing
- Programmes that assist individuals to cope and develop confidence in social situations
- Safety training and educating individuals to cope and adjust in a changing society
Mower's Ark focus on outdoor horticulture, garden and grounds maintenance, growing organic fruit and vegetables and cooking and serving healthy meals.
This is a Framework Provider for Northamptonshire Adult Social Services offering care and support for people with a Learning Disability.
They may offer one or more of the following.
- Supported Living
- Supported Accommodation
- Opportunities for living and learning
- Short breaks
- Forensic Support
- Supporting people in their home
- Residential based living
- Short term intervention and crisis support