Prospects (part of Shaw Trust Midlands) provides the careers service for Northamptonshire, making sure young people who are Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) can access the guidance and support they need to progress. Young Northamptonshire residents who are NEET are eligible for the service for two years after completing Year 11. Young people with an EHC Plan can access the service to age 25 and those leaving care to age 25. Prospects help young people to make the right choices to move into further learning or employment.
Prospects have a variety of appointment centres in Northamptonshire. Please check their website for opening hours and whether a drop-in service is available.
- Corby - Tresham College
- Daventry - The Parker E-Act Academy
- Northampton - The Yard, 62 Gold Street and Blackthorn Family Centre
- Rushden - Rushden Lakes Job Hub
- Wellingborough - Tithe Barn Offices and Penrith Family Hub
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are my choices after Year 11 or college?
- How can I get a job or Apprenticeship?
- What are the alternatives to open employment?
Schools have a statutory duty to provide access to careers information, advice, and guidance (IAG) for all their pupils. In 2021, the DfE published updated statutory guidance, which includes the eight "Gatsby Benchmarks." Prospects offer a range of activities that meet the benchmarks, which schools can purchase.