Type of service:
Advice And Information
3rd Floor, University House, University of Leeds, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 9JT
Communication Matters is a UK-wide charity committed to supporting people of all ages who find communication difficult because they have little or no clear speech.
Find information on their website about methods of communication that can be used to supplement the more usual methods of speech and writing. These methods are called Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC).
Communication Matters' vision is a world where all individuals have a right to a voice through the provision of communication solutions and ongoing support services. Their mission is to promote an individual’s right to participate in all aspects of life by using their most appropriate means of communication to express their thoughts, feelings, needs and desires. Their main aims are to increase awareness of AAC, involve AAC users, improve service standards and encourage research.
- Communication Matters International Conference (Leeds)
- AAC Information Days (UK-wide)
- Lobbying, Service Delivery, National Standards
- Leaflets about AAC; past issues of the Communication Matters Journal and other publications; find your nearest AAC Assessment Service; get details of suppliers of AAC products.
- AAC Discussion Forum and E-News - Subscribe to the Communication Matters Forum to post questions to the AAC community; receive weekly updates on training opportunities.
Like the Communication Matters Facebook Page
Follow Communication Matters on Twitter
Communication Matters is a registered charity (no. 327500).
Contact provider for cost details
- Open to everyone
- SEND descriptors
- Contact service direct
- No referral needed
Last updated on: