Have you got an idea for an event or project that will benefit your neighbourhood or community but need help funding it? Grand Union Housing Group (GUHG) may be able to help make it happen through £500 Grants 4 Your Community (G4YC) grants scheme.
The criteria for grants are:
- They must be from a GUHG resident or community group operating in an area where GUHG has housing stock (if the applicant is under the age of 18 an adult referee is required).
- They must be able to demonstrate that the project / organisation / group will benefit GUHG residents and the wider community.
- Grant applicants must be prepared to make a short five minute presentation to the Stakeholder Panel.
- Your project / organisation / group must have a bank account (not in an individual’s name).
- Grants are awarded once every 12 months (over a rolling period), per project / organisation / group.
GUHG will consider projects that:
- Improve community spirit and improve the quality of life for residents.
- Actively involve residents.
- Support fundraising initiatives which benefit the residents of the communities in which they live or work.
- Raise the profile of social housing and the importance of housing in people’s lives.
If you have any ideas for a project but are unsure how to go about it, please get in touch with one of the Community Investment Team.