Type of service:
Forums And Support Networks
Bradbury House, 190 Bagnall Road, Old Basford, Nottingham, NG6 8SF
Headway is the UK-wide charity that works to improve life after a brain injury.
Headway provides support, services, and information to brain injury survivors, their families and carers, as well as to professionals in the health and legal fields through a range of frontline services (run from its Nottingham base and via a network of more than 100 groups and branches across the UK)
• Emergency fund to assist people dealing with the financial implications in the immediate aftermath of a brain injury
• Headway Acute Trauma Support (HATS) nurses to support families whose loved ones are in the acute stage of care following brain injury
• A comprehensive award-winning website containing information and factsheets on all aspects of brain injury
• An award-winning range of booklets and factsheets designed to help people understand and cope with the effects of brain injury
• A network of more than 120 groups and branches that provide physical, cognitive and social rehabilitation and support to individuals and families
• An accreditation scheme for approved residential homes, rehabilitation units and respite facilities specialising in Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
• A directory of over 170 specialist brain injury solicitors, to help people get the legal advice they need after brain injury
• Training courses to improve knowledge and understanding among professionals working in the field of brain injury. Courses include: 'Understanding Brain Injury,' 'Challenging Behaviour Following Acquired Brain Injury,' and 'Sex & Sexuality Following Acquired Brain Injury.'
Registered charity no. 1025852.
18 years - 99 years
- Age - Adulthood (18-25)
- SEND descriptors
- Contact service direct
- No referral needed
Last updated on: