Oundle School Mencap Holidays (OSMH) is a registered charity that runs annual residential holidays for children and young adults with learning disabilities.
OSMH Summer Holiday
A week-long residential holiday for children and young people aged 8 -18 years old. The holiday is held at Oundle School, who generously give Mencap the use of two of their boarding houses for the whole week. On-site activities include everything from swimming to finger painting, and from trampolining to dressing up. There are also day-trips to places such as the seaside, adventure parks, and zoos.
This camping holiday is a long weekend for young adults aged 18-30. Participants sleep under canvas, cook their own food, and enjoy a range of adventures off-site.
The children and young people who attend the holidays have a range of learning disabilities and may also have physical disabilities or medical conditions. OSMH offer places to children whose challenging behaviour or specialist medical needs mean they may not be able to go on holiday. They also accommodate those who cannot afford commercial respite care schemes.
For more information about applying for a place, please visit the website.
Please Note: OSMH are staffed by volunteers and are reliant on charitable funding for their continued existence.
Oundle Mencap Holidays Ltd is a registered charity (no. 1108908).
- British Institute of Human Rights - Learning Disability, Autism, and Human Rights - Easy Read (PDF 3.26MB)
- Cerebra - Learning Disabilities, Autism, and Internet Safety: A Guide for Parents (Link)
- Contact - Parent Guide: DLA - Claiming the Higher Rate Mobility Component for Learning Disabilities or ASD (PDF 228KB)
- Derby Teaching Hospitals – Having a CT Scan, Learning Disabilities Version (Video)
- DfE & Mencap - Changes to Special Educational Needs and Disability Support (Easy Read) (Link)
- Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities - An Easy Read Guide to Staying Safe on Social Media and Online (Link)
- Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities - An Easy Read Guide to Staying Safe Out and About (Link)
- Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities - Moving On: An Easy Read Guide for Pupils with Special Educational Needs Moving On to Secondary School (Link)
- Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities - Thinking Ahead: A Planning Guide for Families (Link)
- Learning Disability Partnership Board - Hate Crime Awareness: Cyber Bullying (Video)
- Learning Disability Partnership Board - Hate Crime Awareness: Hate Crime in the Courtyard (Video)
- Learning Disability Partnership Board - Hate Crime Awareness: Office Bullying (Video)
- Learning Disability Partnership Board - Hate Crime Awareness: Park Robbers (Video)
- Learning Disability Partnership Board and Safeguarding Adults Board - Safeguarding Adults with Learning Disabilities, Easy Read (PDF 500KB)
- Mencap - Annual Health Checks, Easy Read (PDF 2.8MB)
- Mencap - Ben’s Work Experience in the Restaurant (Video)
- Mencap - Care and Treatment Reviews (CTRs): An Overview (PDF 41KB)
- Mencap - Clare Wants to Live Independently (Video)
- Mencap - Communicating with People with a Learning Disability (PDF 392.2KB)
- Mencap - Finding a Job, Easy Read (PDF 684KB)
- Mencap - Going to the Chemist (Video)
- Mencap - Going to the Dentist (Video)
- Mencap - Going to the Doctor (Video)
- Mencap - Going to the Optician (Video)
- Mencap - Josie Loves Working on Reception (Video)
- Mencap - Leisure (Video)
- Mencap - Protecting Their Future (Video)
- Mencap - Supported Living (Video)
- Mencap - With Good Friends, You Can’t Lose (Video)
- Mencap - Your Rights If You Are in an Assessment and Treatment Unit, Easy Read (PDF 5.5MB)
- Mencap - Your Rights When You Are Living in the Community, Easy Read (PDF 3.8MB)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) - Learning Disabilities and Behaviour That Challenges: Service Design and Delivery (Link)
- NCC Local Offer - Learning Disability Information Pack (PDF 554KB)
- NHS - Annual Health Checks for People with Learning Disabilities (Link)
- NHS - Learning Disabilities (Link)
- WWCIH - How Do I Prepare My Child with a Learning Disability for Using Healthcare Services? (Video)