One of 43 Active Partnerships, Northamptonshire Sport is a partnership of local and national organisations working together to provide opportunities for people to participate in sport, physical activity and recreation in Northamptonshire.
Northamptonshire Sport is hosted by Northamptonshire County Council and its activities are funded through Sport England Lottery grant and by local and national partners.
Northamptonshire Sport's website holds a directory of sports clubs in Northamptonshire, making it easy to find a sport club near you.
Northamptonshire Sport believes everyone, no matter what their ability, should have access to sport, recreation and physical activity.
We are part of the Northamptonshire Federation of Disability Sport (NFDS) which aims to increase the number of disabled people involved in all aspects of sport, recreation and physical activity within Northamptonshire.
You can find information about local disability sports clubs on our website.
- Jog Northants - provides fun, friendly, supportive and inclusive jogging groups for everyone, whatever your ability. We believe running / jogging is more fun and easier to become part of your lifestyle when shared with others.
- Satellite Clubs - provides opportunities for 14-19 year olds to become active in local sessions aimed directly at that age group. They also provide funding for anyone looking to provide opportunities for 14-19 year olds to get active.
- Health Walks - are part of the national Walking for Health programme and have been developed to be accessible to people who have done little or no exercise before, or who need more support to stay active.
- Get up and Go - activity sessions which provide strength and balance classes for Older People.
- Walking Sports - are on the increase and provide a perfect introduction to a more active lifestyle for adults who enjoy competitive team sports without the high impact or strenuous level of activity that standard versions of the same games require.
- A-Z of Sports - find out the latest information on sports, including National Governing Bodies of Sport information and related links.
- Cycling Northants
Cycling is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to older adults. It is also fun, cheap and good for the environment and there are lots of places to ride in Northants visit for more information.
Northamptonshire Sport became an independent Charity in Autumn 2020.