Blossom Children's Occupational Therapy support children to achieve their full potential and to increase participation in daily life. The professional team includes:
- Rachael - Specialist Paediatric Occupational Therapist and Sensory Integration Practitioner
- Tracey - Therapeutic Practitioner (Social Worker)
- Julie - Occupational Therapy Technical Instructor (Nursery Nurse)
- Ella - Therapy Dog
Together they provide family support, assessments, therapy, support groups, and training for parents and carers, and professionals working in health, education, and social care. Support can be provided for any children facing challenges in their lives, such as:
- Self-help difficulties (in areas such as dressing, washing, feeding, and toileting).
- Delays in play skills and motor skill development.
- Sensory processing difficulties (which affect functioning, behaviour, and self-regulation).
- Challenges within the school environment (such as handwriting, attention, organisation, and independence).
- Issues with self-esteem, emotional wellbeing, and the life journey (particularly in those who have experienced trauma).
Following an assessment, the therapist will advise whether individual therapy sessions will be beneficial to the child. They may recommend direct therapy sessions with the child (using an evidenced-based approach), a therapist-devised programme, or one-off strategy sessions. Therapy will be tailored to the child using the following approaches:
- Sensory integration therapy
- Sensory motor-based therapy
- DIR Floortime principles
- Attention Autism
- Trauma-informed therapy (using the DART model)
- Sensory Attachment Intervention (SAI)
- Sensory-based feeding support
- Emotional wellbeing interventions
- Self-identity and self-esteem programs
- The PACE model
These services are offered within the community in Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Bedfordshire.
- Blossom Children's Occupational Therapy on Facebook
- Blossom Children's Occupational Therapy on Instagram