Type of service:
Local Government Department
One Angel Square, Angel Street, Northampton, Northamptonshire NN1 1ED
The SEND Accountability Board is made up of professionals from areas of education, health, and care. It includes parent/carer representatives from the Northants Parents Forum Group (NPFG) and young people from the Shooting Stars group.
- Develops plans and proposals in line with the agreed strategic priorities of the Children’s Early Help Partnership
- Horizon-scans for policies and research to inform strategy and delivery
- Develops (and oversees) the implementation of the SEND strategy and action plan
- Commissions services that support the delivery of the plan
The SEND Accountability Board aims to:
- Ensure effective coordination and implementation of services for disabled children within Northamptonshire provided at home and at school.
- Ensure the integrated planning, development, and delivery of services for disabled children and young people in their families, schools, and settings across Northamptonshire.
- Ensure that the views of children, young people, and their families are integral to the planning and implementation processes.
- Monitor outcomes for disabled children and young people in Northamptonshire, and amends service-delivery according to the trends and needs identified through the monitoring process.
Last updated on: