Type of service:
Post 16 Education Providers
Units 9 & 10 Rothwell Grange Court, Rothwell Road, Kettering, Northamptonshire NN16 8FB
Sense College East is part of the wider organisation Sense (www.sense.org.uk). There are also college centres in Bedfordshire, Birmingham, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Sense education programmes are for students aged 16 to 25 years of age and who have an active Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Sense offer three education pathways:
- Learning For Life
- Foundation Learning
- and Employability.
- Highly personalised and progression focused
- Ongoing support with vocational and independent living life skills
- Wellbeing, health and care plans
- Courses linked to external accreditation,leading to nationally recognised qualifications
- Learning through meaningful, realistic and practical activities
- Programmes and strategies designed to assist learners to cope and become more confident in social situations
- Specialist sensory and communication assessment and support
- An extensive programme of social,leisure and sporting activities within the local community
Sense support individuals who have one or more of the following:
• A moderate to complex learning disability
• A requirement for specialist communication support
• Vision impairment, hearing impairment or a combined vision and hearing impairment
• Autism or ASD
• A requirement for behavioural support
Sense also offer day care services and are a Framework Provider for Northamptonshire Adult Social Services offering care and support for people with a Learning Disability.
They may offer one or more of the following.
Contact provider for cost details
16 years - 99 years
British Sign Language, Sign Supported English
- Age - School (5-18)
- Age - Adulthood (18-25)
- SEND descriptors
- Contact service direct
- No referral needed
Last updated on: