Peterborough College offers a diverse and broad range of courses ranging from Entry Level to Level 6 programmes. These include BTEC and skill based courses, Access to Higher Education courses, HNCs, HNDs, and Degrees through their University Centre Peterborough. They work with hundreds of employers across the region, delivering apprenticeships and bespoke provision to suit all needs.
Additional Learning Support (ALS) is any direct support activity, over and above that which is normally provided in a standard learning environment. It is available for learners assessed with barriers to learning and or Special Educational Needs (SEN) which may include specific learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
Learners on study programmes can receive support with the following if appropriate and funded:
- Emotional and Behavioural needs
- Hearing impairments – D/deaf, deafblind, hard of hearing
- Visual impairment
- Mental health difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Personal care
- Study skills
- Literacy, numeracy and language difficulties
- Medical conditions, physical disabilities, mobility
- Learning disabilities
- Exam access arrangements
- In class support
- Out of class support – small group or 1:1 dependant on learner needs
- Communication in British Sign Language
- Loan of specialist assistive equipment/software
- Resource adaptations
- Reasonable adjustments and bespoke study programmes
If you have special educational needs (SEN) and think you may require transport to and from the college, contact the college directly for their transport information.
Any eligibility for transport for those with special educational needs will be in accordance with the Local Authority Post 16 Travel Policy.