Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Trinity Avenue, Northampton, Northamptonshire NN2 6JW
Malcolm Arnold Academy is a mixed secondary school for 11-18 year-olds in West Northamptonshire. It has a nursery and a designated special provision (DSP). It is part of the David Ross Education Trust.
Designated Special Provision
Malcolm Arnold Academy's DSP accommodates up to 14 pupils whose primary need is:
All pupils using the DSP will have permanent moderate, severe, or profound bilateral hearing loss. They will also have an Education, Health, and Care (EHC) Plan. The Local Authority will have identified their needs as requiring placement at Malcolm Arnold Academy's designated special provision.
This school has an Accessibility Plan (as part of the Local Authority’s Schools’ Accessibility Strategy (PDF 487KB). This means it has adaptations for pupils with disabilities that are over and above what is required under general planning and building regulations. As a minimum, the school will have:
- Physical access to all areas of curriculum (this may not be 100% of the school building).
- Suitable parking and a suitable entrance to the school.
- A suitable changing facility for pupils with disabilities.
- A designated area for physiotherapy or similar treatments.
- Specialist furniture (e.g. variable height tables and other physical aids).
11 years - 18 years
Ofsted Inspection Grade:
Good (09 May 2018)
SENCo: Ashley Thomson (email@example.com)
- Age - School (5-18)
- Assessment (EHA,EHCP,RMC)
- SEND descriptors
- Education or school
- Professional referral
Last updated on: