Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Farmstead Road, Corby, Northamptonshire NN18 0LJ
Beanfield Primary School is a mixed primary academy for 3-11 year-olds in North Northamptonshire. It has a nursery and a unit provision (UP) on-site. The school is part of the Brooke Weston Trust.
Beanfield Primary School's unit provision (UP) accommodates up to 55 pupils aged 4-11 years. It is for pupils whose primary needs are:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD)
All pupils in the unit provision will have an Education, Health, and Care (EHC) Plan. The Local Authority will have identified their needs as requiring placement at Beanfield Primary School's unit provision.
Beanfield Primary School has an Accessibility Policy. This means it has adaptations for pupils with disabilities that are over and above what is required under general planning and building regulations. As a minimum, the school will have:
- Physical access to all areas of curriculum (this may not be 100% of the school building).
- Suitable parking and a suitable entrance to the school.
- A suitable changing facility for pupils with disabilities.
- A designated area for physiotherapy or similar treatments.
- Specialist furniture (e.g. variable height tables and other physical aids).
Northamptonshire Targeted Mental Health in Schools (TaMHS) Accreditation
Beanfield Primary School achieved the Bronze Award in June 2021 for good practice in promoting and delivering interventions for children’s mental health.
3 years - 11 years
Ofsted Inspection Grade:
Good (27 June 2016)
Mainstream: Charlotte Johnson
Unit Provision: Ms C Smith (SENunit@beanfieldprimary.org)
- Age - Early Years (0-5)
- Age - School (5-18)
- Assessment (EHA,EHCP,RMC)
- SEND descriptors
- Education or school
- Professional referral
Last updated on: