Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Gretton Road, Corby, Northamptonshire NN17 5EB
Corby Business Academy is a mixed secondary school for 11-18 year-olds in North Northamptonshire. It has a unit provision (UP) on-site. The school is part of the Brooke Weston Trust.
Corby Business Academy's unit provision (UP) accommodates up to 75 pupils aged 11-18 years. It is for pupils whose primary needs are:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Moderate Learning Disabilities (MLD)
- Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD)
- Speech, Language, and Communication Needs (SLCN)
All pupils in the unit provision will have an Education, Health, and Care (EHC) Plan. The Local Authority will have identified their needs as requiring placement at Corby Business Academy's unit provision.
Corby Business Academy has an Accessibility Plan. This means it has adaptations for pupils with disabilities that are over and above what is required under general planning and building regulations. As a minimum, the school will have:
- Physical access to all areas of curriculum (this may not be 100% of the school building).
- Suitable parking and a suitable entrance to the school.
- A suitable changing facility for pupils with disabilities.
- A designated area for physiotherapy or similar treatments.
- Specialist furniture (e.g. variable height tables and other physical aids).
11 years - 18 years
Ofsted Inspection Grade:
Requires Improvement (02 April 2019)
Mrs Francia Dickinson SENCO: Francia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Claire Robinson Director of Unit Provision: email@example.com
- Age - School (5-18)
- Assessment (EHA,EHCP,RMC)
- SEND descriptors
- Education or school
- Professional referral
Last updated on: