The Royal Mencap Traineeship programme is aimed at people with a learning disability, difficulty and/or autism. The traineeship typically lasts about 16 weeks. It seeks to create a bridge into apprenticeships or paid employment. The traineeship is for young people who might not have an EHC Plan, have finished education, and might be closer to the labour market in terms of skills and ability.
The traineeship programme starts with 4-6 weeks of work preparation, which is delivered in a small group setting of 6 to 8 learners. Following this, the trainees will complete 100 hours of work experience. The programme also focuses on the development of English, maths, and ICT skills.
Participants must be aged 19- 24, not have any qualifications above level 3 after having left education, and have a low level of work experience. Applicants will be invited to meet with Mencap and the employer for an informal interview. They will be assessed to see if they could potentially progress into paid employment or an apprenticeship within six months.
Traineeship is provided across Northamptonshire:
- Clipper Logistics, Saxon Way, West Oakley, Hay Industrial Estate, Corby, NN18 9EZ
- Clipper Logistics - Unit A, Saxon Avenue, Grange park, Northampton, NN4 5EL
- Clipper Logistics, Eldon Way, Crick, Northampton NN6 7SL
- XPO Logistics, Unit C, Royal Oak Way North, Royal Oak Industrial Estate, Daventry, NN11 8QL
- XPO Logistics, DC1 Castle Mound Way, Central Park, CV23 0WB