Find a childcare provider

You can use our Children and Families Service Finder to find the best childcare setting for you.

To apply for a place you will need to contact that childcare provider directly. To find your nearest childcare provider, please use our Children and Families Service Finder.

These are the types of childcare available on the service finder: 

Children and Families Service Finder 

Am I able to claim funded childcare?

Parents may be able to claim funded places.

How to claim funded childcare 

Check the quality of the childcare provider

You can ask a childcare provider for their Ofsted unique registration number (URN). You can then check their registration and their last inspection report on Ofsted’s website.

Your childcare provider must adhere to the relevant legal requirements:

What support is there if my child has special education needs or a disability (SEND)?

  • The Local Offer is a directory of local and national services for children and young people (aged 0 to 25) with special educational needs and disabilities.
  • The Northants Parents Forum Group is a parent led support group that represents the views of parents of children with SEND.