Learning Resources for Education (LRE) makes a difference to the individual, the school community and the school’s performance. Reading for pleasure is a priority for Ofsted and LRE work with schools on ways to promote reading.
LRE can support you by:
- supplying curriculum resources for Key Stage 3
- supplying young adult fiction for ages 14 plus
- working closely with you to keep your stock relevant and regularly exchanged
- using our up-to-date knowledge of books to add value and interest to the curriculum
- helping to develop a reading culture at your school or college
- utilising your budget, including your pupil premium, to work with LRE on being outstanding
What does a subscription include?
A subscription gives you:
- current, cutting edge fiction that is regularly exchanged including the latest reads by authors such as Anthony Horowitz, Darren Shan and Charlie Higson
- HiLo - High interest, low level reads to engage reluctant readers
- graphic novels
- telephone advice
- networking opportunities through regular secondary schools meetings
- free trips to Peters Booksellers and a 25% discount on purchases
- input into planning, running and stocking a Learning Resource Centre
Extra collections and resources
You can choose to enhance your subscription by adding extra collections and resources which could include.
You can also arrange to visit the showroom to see the full range of resources available.