- Log the exclusion in your MIS system (e.g. SIMS or equivalent).
- Log the exclusion in ONE Online:
Log the exclusion
Capita ONE online - guidance for schools (PDF 925KB)
- If you have any problems reading the Capita ONE online guidance then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notify the council using the 'Notification of Permanent Exclusion' online form.
Notify the council
- Notify the pupil's parents.
- Provide and mark relevant work for the first 5 days of the pupil's exclusion (schools are responsible for arranging 6 day provision for fixed exclusions over 5 days, until the pupil is officially removed).
- Mark the register - Code E until alternative provision made, then Code B (Education off site) or Dual (Dual registration).
Pupils who are permanently excluded must not be deleted from either the admission register or the attendance register until any appeal process has been completed.
Find out more
The DFE website has further information on attendance codes and pupil registration regulations.