Below are the 6 key priorities for Northamptonshire:
- Increase the percentage of children and young people in Northamptonshire attending good and outstanding schools and settings.
- Increase attainment and progress outcomes at KS2 and KS4 so that they are in line with national data and match or exceed statistical neighbours.
- Close the gaps in attainment and progress for our vulnerable groups so that they are in line with or exceed national data.
- Ensure pupils can access a range of suitable EET provision at post 16 to suit their needs and that their success rates match or exceed national data.
- Ensure we provide ‘local places for local children’ across all parts of Northamptonshire and that our strategy addresses sufficiency, suitability, standards and parental preferences.
- Reduce the number of fixed term and permanent exclusions in line with our statistical neighbours.
Contact the team
For further information on school improvement please contact us:
School improvement - supporting information
SEN support - Policies and Guidance for Special Educational Needs.
Teaching schools - Giving local schools more freedom to take increasing responsibility for managing the education system.
Safeguarding children - Ensuring schools know the correct procedure to follow if they are concerned about a pupil.
Virtual School - Championing the educational needs of looked after children.
ALPS - Helping school leadership teams identify their strengths and weaknesses through benchmarking.
Schools library service - Education support and resources for schools and early years settings.
- Inclusion Network Information -
The Local Offer has information on inclusion including news, network meetings and conference information.