Places will first be allocated to children who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan that names the school as offering appropriate provision.
When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children
- Children who live in Middleton Cheney, Overthorpe, Warkworth
- Children with an older brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the younger child (see note below)
- Other children
Allocation to published admission number (PAN)
If the PAN is exceeded within criterion 2, priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the PAN is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school.
If two or more applications cannot otherwise be separated and there is only one place available, a random allocation process will be used to determine who should be allocated the place.
A sibling is defined as a child’s brother or sister. A sibling must be living at the same permanent address and as part of the same family unit (one or two parents plus children) to qualify under this criterion. For school admissions purposes, the term sibling includes:
- half-brothers and half-sisters
- step-brothers and step-sisters
- adopted children
- children in foster care
- children living in the same family unit, even if they are not biological brothers and sisters - for example when the parents are not married or in a civil relationship
Cousins are not regarded as siblings.
Home address (child’s)
The child’s home address is defined as the address at which the child normally resides with their parent or carer at the time of application. If a child lives with parents who are separated, the home address will be treated as the place where the child sleeps for most of the school week (i.e. Sunday night to Thursday night inclusive).
If the child spends equal amounts of time at two addresses, the parents must agree which address they wish to be the child’s main address before we can process the application. Documentary evidence of ownership or rental agreement may be required together with proof of actual permanent residence at the property concerned.