Places will be allocated to pupils who have an Education Health and Care (EHC) Plan that names the school as appropriate provision.
When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked after children and all previously looked after children
- Children who live in Finedon and have a brother or sister continuing at the school or at Finedon Mulso CE Junior School at the time of admission of the child
- Other children who have a brother or sister (see sibling note below) continuing at Finedon Infant School or Finedon Mulso CE Junior School at the time of admission of the child
- Children who live in Finedon
- Other children
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school.
Distances are measured on a straight-line basis from the address point of the child’s home to the address point of the school, using a geographical information system.
In the case where there are multiple applications from the same shared dwelling (e.g. flats) or where there are two homes where the distance from the address point of the home to the address point of the school (using the system referred to above) is identical, random allocation, supervised by a suitable independent person, will be used to decide the priority in which applicants are selected in the event of a tiebreaker.
The child’s place of residence is the address of the parent or legal guardian with whom the child spends the majority of time during the school week (parents and legal guardians may be asked to produce evidence of residency or home address at any time during the admissions process).
Definition of siblings:
The definition of a brother or sister, sometimes referred to as a sibling is:
- a brother or sister sharing the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister where 2 children share one common parent
- a step-brother or step sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- adopted children
A brother or sister must be living at the same address when the application is made.