Grange Primary Academy

​Jean Road
NN16 0PL

Children with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan where the Academy is named as appropriate provision will first be admitted.

Oversubscription criteria

Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the published admission number, applications will be considered against the oversubscription criteria set out below in the following order:

  1. Looked after children and previously looked after children
  2. Children of staff where the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as highlighted by the school or where the member of staff has been employed at the academy for two or more years at school. This is to ensure the highest quality of teaching staff
  3. Children who are siblings of students who attend the Academy, and will still be attending when the child starts
  4. Children whose home address is nearer the address point of the academy’s primary site than any other maintained or academy primary school provision as determined by the local authority’s mapping system
  5. Other children

Where there are more applications than there are places available in any one category within the criteria 2 to 5, a tie-break will be conducted through a process of random allocation by the Governors admissions panel.

Definition of siblings

The term ‘siblings’ refers to full, step, half, adopted or fostered brothers or sisters living permanently at the same address. The Academy reserves the right to ask for proof of relationship such as a short birth certificate.

Definition of the child’s home address

This is the permanent residence of the child. The address must be the child’s only or main residence that is either:

  • Owned by the child’s parent, parents, carer or guardian
  • Leased to or rented by the child’s parent, parents or guardian under a lease or written rental agreement of not less than six months’ duration. The property leased should be that in which the family lives.

We may require written proof of ownership or a rental agreement and proof of actual permanent residence at the property. We cannot allocate places on the basis of intended future changes of address unless house moves have been confirmed through the exchange of contracts with a completion date, or the signing of a formal lease agreement.