St. Peter's CE Academy

​Mountbatten Way

Pupils who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan which names the school as appropriate provision will be allocated a place.

Oversubscription criteria

If the number of applications received exceeds the available Published Admission Number (PAN), places will be allocated in the following order of priority:

  1. Looked after children and all previously looked after children
  2. Children who live in Raunds
  3. Children whose Sibling(s) attend(s) St. Peter’s CE Academy at the time of admission
  4. Children who attend the linked Infant school (Raunds Park Infant School)
  5. Other children


If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances are measured from the address point of a child’s home address to the address point of the school on a straight line basis, using a geographical information system.

In the case where multiple applications for the same shared dwelling (e.g. flats) occurs; a randomiser will be used to decide the priority in which the pupils within the shared dwelling are selected in the event of a tiebreaker.


Siblings are defined in these arrangements as children who live as brother or sister. A sibling must be living at the same permanent address and as part of the same family unit (one or two parents plus children) to qualify under this criterion. For school admissions purposes, the term siblings include: 
  • step-brothers and step-sisters 
  • half-brothers and half-sisters 
  • Adopted children 
  • Children in foster care 
  • Children living in the same family unit, even if they are not biological brothers and sisters - for example when the parents are not married/in a civil relationship 
Cousins are not regarded as siblings.

Home address

Home address means the address your child is living at on the closing date for applications which is the permanent residence of the child. This address must be your child’s only or main residence, which is:

  • Owned by a child’s parent, parents, carer or guardian, or
  • Leased to or rented by a child’s parent, parents or guardian under a lease or written rental agreement of not less than six months’ duration. The property leased should be that in which the family lives.

Written proof of ownership or a rental agreement and proof of actual permanent residence at the property may be required.