Hayfield Cross Church of England School: admissions information

​Hayfield Cross Church of England School, Hanwood Park Avenue, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 5FJ

Oversubscription criteria

 The governing body are the admission authority in this voluntary aided school and are therefore responsible for all admissions. The governing body will admit up to 60 pupils into year R.

The governing body will admit all pupils with a statement of special educational needs or Education, Health & Care plan which names the school.

  1. A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
  2. Children who live within Hanwood Park development.
  3. Children who have a sibling attending the school at the time of admission.
  4. Children of parents who wish their children to be educated in a church school and Christian environment.


Applications within each category will be prioritised on the distance from the address point of the child’s home to the address point of the school (priority being given to the children who live closer to the school). Distances are provided by the Local Authority and are measured on a straight-line basis using a geographical information system.

Sibling definition

Pupils who will have a brother or sister continuing on the school roll at the date of starting at the school. The definition of a brother or sister (sometimes referred to as a 'sibling') is:

  • a brother or sister sharing the same parents 
  • a half-brother or half-sister, where two children share one common parent
  • a step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or partnership. The partners must have co-habited in a permanent exclusive relationship (as if they were husband and wife or civil partners) for a minimum of 2 years
  • adopted children

A brother or sister must be living at the same address when the application is made.

Home address

The home address of a pupil is considered to be the permanent residence of the child in a residential property when the place is offered. The address must be the child’s only or main residence and is either:

  • owned by the child’s parent, parents or guardian
  • leased to or rented by the child’s parent, parents or guardian under lease or written rental agreement of not less than six months’ duration

Documentary evidence of ownership or rental agreement may be required together with proof of actual permanent residence at the property concerned. Places cannot be allocated on the basis of intended future changes of address unless house moves have been confirmed through the exchange of contracts or the signing of a formal lease agreement. The Governing Board reserves the right to seek further documentary evidence to support a claim to residence.

Maps of the area

Maps showing the extent of Hanwood Park are available from the Diocesan Board of Education:

Diocesan Board of Education
Bouverie Court
6 The Lakes
Bedford Road
Northampton NN4 7YD