Pupils who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan which names the school as appropriate provision will be allocated a place.
If the number of applications received exceed the available PAN, places will be allocated in the following order of priority:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children
- Children whose Sibling(s) attend(s) Newton Road School at the time of admission
- Children for whom Newton Road School is the closest school to their home address
- Other children
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion 3, priority will be given to children who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school.
Distances are measured from the address point of a child’s home address to the address point of Raunds Park Infant School on a straight line basis, using a geographical information system. In the case where multiple applications for the same shared dwelling (e.g. flats) occurs; a randomiser will be used to decide the priority in which the pupils within the shared dwelling are selected in the event of a tiebreaker.
Sibling means a child who has brother, sister, adopted brother or sister or stepbrother or stepsister living in the same family unit at the same address, who attends the school and who is expected to still be on roll at the time of admission. Children residing in the same household as part of an extended family, such as cousins, will not be treated as siblings.
Home address means the address your child is living at on the closing date for applications which is the permanent residence of the child. This address must be your child’s only or main residence, which is:
- owned by a child’s parent, parents or carer or guardian
- leased to or rented by a child’s parent, parents or guardian under a lease or written rental agreement of not less than six months’ duration. The property leased should be that in which the family lives
Written proof of ownership or a rental agreement and proof of actual permanent residence at the property may be required.