Monksmoor Park C of E School admission information

​Oversubscription criteria

The Governing Board is the Admission Authority in this Voluntary Aided School and is therefore responsible for the admission of the children to the school. The published admission number (PAN) for the school is 30. This means that the Governing Body may admit up to 30 children per year group. The Governors will admit children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan) which names the School.

When there are more applications than there are places available, the Governors will admit children according to the following admission oversubscription criteria which are listed in order of priority.

  1. Children Looked After and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after were adopted or became subject to a child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
  2. Children who have a sibling continuing attendance at the school at the time of admission of the applicant (see sibling definition following):
  3. Children for whom Monksmoor Park CE Primary School is the closest Primary or Infant School to their home.
  4. Children of worshipping members of any church that is a member of Churches Together in England (This includes the Church of England); these applications must be accompanied by form SIF/A available from the school. The completed SIF/A will then be sent to the minister with the form SIF/B to verify church allegiance;
  5. Other children, whose parents have requested a place.   


If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the School. Distance is measured using calculations provided to the Governing Board by Northamptonshire County Council.

Definition of child’s home address or residence

The child’s home address means the permanent residence of the child at the time of application. Parents or carers may be asked to provide proof of a claim of residence at any time during the admission process. The address must be the child’s only or main residence that is either:

  • owned by the child’s parent(s) or carer(s)
  • leased to or rented by the child’s parent(s) or carer(s) under a lease or written rental agreement of not less than 6 months duration. The property leased must be where the family lives

Please note – if false or misleading information is used to try and gain a place, this may lead the Governing Board to reject the application or to withdraw the offer of a place.


If parents or carers wish their application to be considered in criterion 4, they must complete form SIF/A which is available from the school and return it to the School (not the local authority). This must be done by the deadline of 5pm on 15 January 2019.

The school will submit the completed form SIF/A to the relevant minister with form SIF/B to verify the information. As SIF/B needs to be returned to the school in time for the school to rank admissions, it is very important to submit form SIF/A to the school as soon as possible.

Churches together in Great Britain and Ireland

To see affiliated denominations, please see Churches together in Britain and Ireland.

Definition of sibling

A brother or sister living at the same address as the applicant (i.e. within a family unit) including:

  • a brother or sister sharing the same parents
  • a half brother or half sister where two children share one common parent
  • a step brother or step sister, where two children are related by a parents’ marriage or civil partnership
  • a child who has been adopted or is fostered by parents or carers who have other children