Ecton Brook Primary School Bellinge Campus, Fieldmill Road, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN3 9DG
Children with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan which names the school as appropriate provision will first be admitted.
When there are more applications than places available, priority for admission will be given to children in the order shown below:
- Looked After Children and Previously Looked After Children
- Children who have a sibling on roll at the school
- Children of school staff
- Children who live closer to the preferred school than any other school
- Other children
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those living nearest to the school.
Distances are measured from the address point of your home to the address point of the school on a straight-line basis, using a Geographical Information System.
In the event of there being multiple applications for the same shared dwelling (e.g. Flats) or two distances that are equal, random allocation will be used to decide the priority in which the pupils are selected.
Child’s home address
We allocate school places using the address your child is living at on the closing date for applications. When we refer to a child’s home address, we mean the permanent residence of the child. This address must be the child’s only or main residence that is either:
- Owned by the child’s parent, parents or carer/guardian, or
- Leased to or rented by the child’s parent, parents or guardian under a lease or written rental agreement of not less than six months’ duration. The property leased should be that in which the family lives.
We may require written proof of ownership or a rental agreement. We reserve the right to seek further written proof to support your claim to residence, and that your child is living there.
We cannot allocate places on the basis of intended future changes of address unless house moves have been confirmed through the exchange of contracts with a completion date, or the signing of a formal lease agreement.
The sibling must be in the school at the time of application and be likely to remain in the school at the proposed date of admission. Siblings must be living at the same address when the application is made. Siblings, also known as brother or sister are defined as a brother or sister living at the same address as the applicant (within a family unit) including adopted children, step-brothers, step-sisters and children in foster care.
Children of School Staff
The school may give priority in their oversubscription criteria to children of staff in either or both of the following circumstances:
- where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made,
- where the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage