Milton Parochial Primary School admissions information

​Milton Parochial Primary School, Green Street, Milton Malsor, Northants NN7 3AT

Oversubscription criteria

The governors will admit all pupils with an Education Health and Care Plan which names the school.

When there are more applications than there are places available, the governors will admit pupils according to the following criteria which are listed in order of priority:

  1. A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order.
  2. Children who live within the civic parish boundary in Milton Malsor.
  3. Children with an older brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the younger child.
  4. Other children.


If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances are provided by the Local Authority and are measured on a straight-line basis using a geographical information system.

Home address

The home address of a pupil is considered to be the permanent residence of the child in a residential property when the place is offered. The address must be the child’s only or main residence and is either:

  • Owned by the child’s parent, parents or guardian.
  • Leased to or rented by the child’s parent, parents or guardian under lease or written rental agreement of not less than six months’ duration.


Pupils who will have a brother or sister continuing on the school roll at the date of starting at the school. The definition of a brother or sister (sometimes referred to as a 'sibling') is:

  • A brother or sister sharing the same parents.
  • A half-brother or half-sister, where two children share one common parent.
  • A step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or partnership. The partners must have co-habited in a permanent exclusive relationship (as if they were husband and wife or civil partners) for a minimum of 2 year.
  • Adopted children.

A brother or sister must be living at the SAME address when the application is made.