All Saints C of E Primary School and Nursery Unit, Castle Street, Wellingborough, NN8 1LS
You must complete a supplementary information form (SIF) if you would like your child to be considered under the faith criterion. The SIF is available from the school and must be returned to the school by 15 January.
The Governors will admit children with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan which names the school. When there are more applications than there are places available, the Governors will admit children according to the following admission oversubscription criteria which are listed in order of priority:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children
- Children of worshipping parents at All Saints Church or All Hallows Church Wellingborough. These applications must be accompanied by form SIF/A which is available from the school. The completed SIF/A will then be sent to the minister with the form SIF/B to verify church allegiance.
- Children who have a sibling continuing attendance at the school at the time of admission of the applicant;
- Other children for whom All Saints is the nearest school
- Other children
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances are measured on a straight line basis from the address point of the child’s home to the address point of the school, using a Geographical Information System.
In the case where there are multiple applications from the same shared dwelling (e.g. flats) or where there are two homes where the distance from the address point of the home to the address point of the school (using the system referred to above) is identical, random allocation, supervised by a suitable independent person, will be used to decide the priority in which applicants are selected in the event of a tiebreaker.
Definition of child's home address or residence
The child’s home address means the permanent residence of the child at the time of application. The address must be the child’s only or main residence that is either:
- Owned by the child’s parent(s) or carer(s)
- Leased to or rented by the child's parent(s) or carer(s) under a lease or written rental agreement of not less than 6 months’ duration. The property leased must be where the family lives.
If a child lives with separated parents, the home address will be treated as the place where the child sleeps for most of the school week (i.e. Sunday night - Thursday night inclusive). If the child spends an equal amount of time at 2 addresses, the parents must decide which address they wish to use as the child’s main address for the application.
Definition of sibling
A brother or sister living at the same address as the applicant (i.e. within a family unit) including:
- a brother or sister sharing the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister where two children share one common parent
- a step brother or step sister, where two children are related by a parents’ marriage or civil partnership
- a child who has been adopted or is fostered by parents or carers who have other children
Children of "worshipping members"
For parents or carers to be worshipping members, at least one of the parents or carers of the child needs to be regarded by the priest or minister or worship leader as being part of the worshipping community at the church or worship centre. This would not necessarily mean that the parent or carer is a "member" in the technical sense (e.g. through baptism, confirmation or electoral roll) but would imply a pattern of attendance at worship (on Sunday or at other times) that is more than “occasional” and has been sustained for more than a short, very recent, period of time. The governing board of All Saints CEVA Primary School defines this as 50% attendance over a 12-month period prior to submitting the SIF paperwork.
If parents orcarers wish their application to be considered in criterion 2, they must complete form SIF/A which is available from the school and return it to the school (not the local authority). This must be done by the deadline of 5pm on 15 January. The school will submit the completed form SIF/A to the relevant minister with form SIF/B to verify the information. As SIF/B needs to be returned to the school in time for the school to rank admissions, it is very important to submit form SIF/A to the school as soon as possible.