You must complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) if you would like your child to be considered under any of the Faith criteria. The SIF is available from the school and must be returned to the school by 5pm on 17 December 2021.
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan that names the school as appropriate provision.
When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Looked after children and all previously looked after children
- Children transferring from Finedon Infant School
- Children who have a brother or sister at Finedon Infant school or at Finedon Mulso CE Junior school at the time of time of admission and who live in the Ecclesiastical Parish of Finedon
- Other children who have a brother or sister attending Finedon Mulso CE Junior or Finedon Infant school at the time of admission (see sibling definition below)
- Children who live in the Ecclesiastical Parish of Finedon (see residence definition below)
- Children of parent(s)/legal guardian(s) who are worshipping members of any Church which is located in the Ecclesiastical Parish of Finedon, which includes the Church of St. Mary the Virgin Finedon. These applications must be accompanied by form SIF/A available from the school. The completed SIF/A will then be sent to the minister with form SIF/B to verify church allegiance
- Children of parent(s)/legal guardian(s) who are worshipping members of any Church outside the Ecclesiastical Parish of Finedon. These applications must be accompanied by form SIF/A available from the school. The completed SIF/A will then be sent to the minister with form SIF/B to verify church allegiance
- Other children
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school.
Distances are measured on a straight-line basis from the address point of the child’s home to the address point of the school, using a geographical information system.
In the case where there are multiple applications from the same shared dwelling (e.g. flats) or where there are two homes where the distance from the address point of the home to the address point of the school (using the system referred to above) is identical, random allocation, supervised by a suitable independent person, will be used to decide the priority in which applicants are selected in the event of a tie-breaker.
The child’s place of residence is the address of the parent or legal guardian with whom the child spends the majority of time during the school week (parents and legal guardians may be asked to produce evidence of residency or home address at any time during the admissions process).
To find out the parish you live in, please visit the A Church Near You website.
Definition of siblings
The definition of a brother or sister, sometimes referred to as a sibling is:
- a brother or sister sharing the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister where 2 children share one common parent
- a step-brother or step sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- adopted children
A brother or sister must be living at the same address when the application is made.
Children of “worshipping members”
For parents or carers to be worshipping members, at least one of the parents or carers of the child needs to be regarded by the priest, minister or worship leader as being part of the worshipping community at the church or worship centre. This would not necessarily mean that the parent or carer is a “member” in the technical sense (e.g. through baptism, confirmation or electoral roll) but would imply a pattern of attendance at worship (on Sunday or at other times) that is more than “occasional” and has been sustained for more than a short, very recent, period of time.
If parents or carers wish their application to be considered under criteria 7 or 8, they must complete form SIF/A which is available from Finedon Mulso CE Junior School and return it to the school (not the local authority). This must be done by 5pm on 15 December 2021. The school will submit the completed form SIF/A to the relevant minister with form SIF/B to verify the information. As SIF/B needs to be returned to the local authority in time for the local authority to rank admissions, it is very important to submit form SIF/A to the school as soon as possible.