You must complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) if you would like your child to be considered under any of the Faith criteria. The SIF is available from the school and must be returned to the school by 15 January 2021.
Children with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan in which the school is named will be admitted according to the regulations and the policy of the local authority.
If there are more applications than places available, priority will be given as follows:
- Baptised Catholic looked after children or previously looked after children (see note 1)
- Baptised and practising Catholic children living in the parishes of St. Patrick and St. John Ogilvie, Corby (see note 2a, 2b and 2c)
- Baptised and practising Catholic children living in other parishes (see note 3)
- Baptised Catholic children living in of parishes of St. Patrick and St. John Ogilvie, Corby (see note 4)
- Baptised Catholic children living in other parishes (see note 5)
- Looked after children or previously ‘looked after’ but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements order or special guardianship order, other than Catholic
- Siblings of children who are still attending the school at the time of admission (see note 6)
- Children of other Christian denominations (see note 7)
- Children of other faiths (see note 8)
- Any other children whose parents express a preference for our school
In the event of categories being oversubscribed after all the above criteria is considered, priority will be given to children living in closest proximity to the school. This will be measured by the council’s computerised geographical information system on a straight-line basis.
a) Baptised Catholic: Children who have been baptised as Catholics or have been formally received into the Catholic Church. All applicants seeking admission under this criterion will be asked to provide evidence that the child has been baptised as a Catholic or has been received into the Catholic Church. A baptismal certificate or a letter from their priest confirming their baptism or reception into the Catholic Church will be required
b) Practising Catholic: The strength of evidence of commitment to the faith as demonstrated by the level of the family’s Mass attendance on Sundays. This evidence must be provided by a priest at the church(es) where the family normally worship. ‘Evidence of Commitment’ means at least one parent or carer and the child attend Mass on Sundays as a central part of their lives
c) Children living within parishes of St. Patrick and St. John Ogilvie. A map of the parish boundary can be viewed at the school.
Children matching 2a and b and living outside parish boundary.
Baptised non-practising Catholic children matching 2a and c.
Baptised non-practising Catholic children matching 2a and living outside parish boundary.
Priority in this category will be given in the following order:
- children of other Christian denominations
- children of other faiths
- any other children whose parents express a preference for our school
Christian children who are baptised or dedicated members of other Christian churches as recognised by Churches Together in England (membership must be verified in writing by the appropriate church leader).
Children of other faiths who are members of a recognised faith group (membership must be verified in writing by the appropriate faith leader).
Siblings - Sibling children will be given priority in criteria 1) to 6).
- a brother or sister sharing the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- a step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- adopted or fostered children
Sibling children must be living at the same address, attending St. Patrick’s School at the time of application and still attending at the time of admission.
Catholic means baptised in accordance with the rites of the Catholic Church, or enrolled in a baptismal programme.
Christian means a member of the Churches Together in England (see school website for the full list of churches).